Chaga Chai Tea RecipeReading Time: < 1 minute
- 6 cups cold filtered water
- 6 chaga mushroom chunks
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise or ¼ tsp ground star anise
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons local raw honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1-2 cups of coconut milk
- Optional: One Organixx 7M+ capsule per serving
- Place water and chaga chunks in a large pot. If using whole spices, add them now as well.
- Increase heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes. (DO NOT BOIL, the heat will reduce the active compounds in your mushrooms.)
- After tea is brewed, remove the chaga mushroom chunks and store them in the freezer. (You can use them around 5 times as long as the brew is still dark in color.)
- Remove the whole spices and discard them. If using ground spices, add them now.
- Add coconut milk and honey or other sweetener if desired.
- Enjoy either hot or chilled.
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using star anise):
Calories: 56.7 | Total Fat: 1.7 g | Total Carbohydrate: 8.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g | Protein: 4 g