Turkey & Black Turtle Bean Chili
We recommend using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 2 cups dried black turtle beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 2 organic yellow onions, diced
- 3 organic jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 large organic red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp minced organic garlic
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ tsp crushed organic chipotle chili (optional)
- 3 capsules of Organixx 7M+
- 12 fresh organic tomatoes, diced
- Organic Greek yogurt, sliced organic green onions and chopped fresh organic coriander for serving
- Rinse the beans that have been soaked overnight with cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the onions, garlic and jalapenos, ground turkey, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally, breaking up any large chunks, until browned and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder and crushed chipotle chili. Break 3 capsules of 7M+ mushroom blend in the mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and black beans. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Ladle the chili into bowls. Serve with Greek yogurt, sliced green onions and chopped fresh coriander for garnishing. Serves 6.
Serves 6. Per Serving:
Calories: 582.6 | Total Fat: 19.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 71.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 17.2 g | Protein: 35.5 g