Low-Carb Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 free-range, organic eggs (local are best)
- ¼ cup avocado or avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt (start with ¼ tsp)
- Smoked paprika or cayenne pepper for garnish
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens Powder; 1-2 Tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Prepare boiled eggs by placing them into a pot, cover with cold water at least 1 inch above eggs, and bring to a boil over high heat. When water comes to a boil, remove pot from heat, cover and let stand for about 15 minutes. Pour out hot water and run cold water over them.
- Once eggs are cooled, carefully peel eggs and slice lengthwise. Scoop out yolks and place into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Either scoop out the yolk mixture (or pipe) into the halved egg whites and garnish with either smoked paprika or cayenne pepper.
- Enjoy right away or store covered in refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
Serves 12. Per Serving (based on using avocado, lime juice, smoked paprika & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Calories: 48 |
Total Fat: 1 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 0 g |
Dietary Fiber: 0 g |
Protein: 4 g
Avocados are high in fiber and contain more potassium than bananas! The fat in avocado helps your body absorb the vitamins and antioxidants from other plant foods.
To make coconut cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge for several hours. Open the can and scoop out the solid “cream” that has risen to the top.
Egg yolks are rich in nutrients including iron and vitamins A, D, E, and K, but it’s the white that provides the most protein. An average-size egg contains around 6-7 grams of protein with around 4 grams coming from the egg white.
Limes are best known as a good source of vitamin C but also contain other important vitamins and minerals including magnesium, potassium, folate, and vitamins A, E, and K.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Parsley is a detox superfood, purging the body of accumulated toxins such as mercury, cadmium, and lead.
Smoked paprika also goes by the name Spanish paprika, sweet paprika, smoked pimenton, or just pimenton. It’s made from peppers that are smoked before crushing and has a rich, smoky flavor.
Linda Radeker says
Luv it! My husband plans to make us some ASAP. Thanks. I am a loyal fan of Organix collagen. My joints are more flexible and my skin looks good!
I understand collagen powder tastes terrible.
Customer Service says
Hi Elaine, thanks for your comment.
Our Clean Sourced Collagens is a fine powder that’s formulated to be tasteless, odorless, and flavorless. Most users report no noticeable taste or texture difference when it’s mixed into coffee, tea, juice, smoothies, protein shakes, etc.
Feel free to check out all the details here: https://shop.organixx.com/products/clean-sourced-collagens
Hope you'll be able to give this wonderful recipe a try. Do let us know how it turns out for you.
Thanks so much for being here with us. Hope you have a happy & healthy day!