Powerful Anti-Stress Tea
- ½ – 1 Tablespoon grated fresh turmeric root
- ½ – 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- ½ cup coconut kefir (or preferred type of kefir)
- 1 cup brewed chamomile tea (can sub green tea, depending on time of day)
- 3-4 Brazil nuts, roughly chopped for easier blending
- 1 capsule Organixx Turmeric 3D (optional)
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Ceylon cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender and then pour into a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into a cup and add sweetener and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- Drink slowly and mindfully. Enjoy with a small square of quality dark chocolate to assist your anti-stressing!
Serves 1. Per Serving (based on using coconut kefir & brewed chamomile tea):
Calories: 144.4 |
Total Fat: 12 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 6.5 g |
Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g |
Protein: 3.6 g
Brazil nuts are one of the best sources of selenium. Several studies have suggested that a diet high in selenium significantly improves mood scores.
Chamomile tea can be made from two different types of chamomile plants: German chamomile and English chamomile. The German type is most commonly used for therapeutic purposes, including calming stress and anxiety.
Ceylon cinnamon is different from the common cinnamon sold in most grocery stores and can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and more.
Coconut Kefir is a nourishing fermented beverage made from coconut milk, date paste, and kefir grains. The probiotics in kefir support good gut health and healthy elimination.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It also contains the antioxidant gingerol, which fights free radicals in the body that lead to psychological and physical stress.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Turmeric has been well studied for its effect on anxiety and depression. A 2017 meta-analysis looking at studies using turmeric and its key compound curcumin to treat depression found that curcumin “appears to be safe, well-tolerated, and efficacious among depressed patients.” Researchers noted that significant anti-anxiety effects were also reported in 3 of the trials they reviewed. Best of all, there were NO adverse effects from turmeric/curcumin in any of the trials.
Turmeric 3D from Organixx combines the power of turmeric and its core ingredient curcumin with vitamin D3, KSM-66 Ashwagandha® and fermented Organic Ginger.