Alecia’s Raw Fermented Cashew YogurtReading Time: < 1 minute
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Filtered water (for soaking and blending)
- 1 cup prepared cashew yogurt
- ⅔ cup blueberries or cherries or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- Bananas, sliced
- Apples, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Desired amount of prepared cashew yogurt
- Toppings: granola, salted seeds, trail mix, nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon
- Place cashews into either a glass bowl or blender container. Cover with filtered water and let cashews soak for 2 hours to soften.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place soaked cashews into your blender and cover with filtered water about ½ inch above cashews. Blend up until silky smooth consistency. Pour into a glass bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap/clean cloth/nut milk bag and let sit on kitchen counter out of direct sunlight for about 24 – 48 hours. You will notice small bubbles forming. This is the fermentation happening. The longer it sits, the more it ferments and becomes sour. If you live in a warmer climate, fermentation happens more quickly and if you live in a colder climate, fermentation takes longer. Be sure to taste your yogurt so you know your desired length of fermentation time.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve and enjoy!
- Stir ingredients together and enjoy right away. Depending on acidity of fruit, it may cause separation if left sitting too long.
- Mix cut-up fruit together with yogurt until fruit is coated. Top with desired topping(s).
Serves 20. Per Serving:
Calories: 24 | Total Fat: 2 g | Total Carbohydrate: 1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Protein: 1 g
Apples cleanse the colon of bacteria, viruses, yeast, and mold. They also support the liver, digestive tract function, and brain health.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamins B6 and C, and other antioxidants and phytonutrients. Ripe bananas are easier to digest and have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen.
Cashews are a good source of healthy dietary fats and essential minerals, including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.