Alecia’s Raw Fermented Cashew Yogurt
Ingredients for Alecia’s Raw Fermented Cashew Yogurt Recipe:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Filtered water (for soaking and blending)
Ingredients for Flavored Yogurt Recipe:
- 1 cup prepared cashew yogurt
- ⅔ cup blueberries or cherries or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
Ingredients for Yogurt Salad Recipe:
- Bananas, sliced
- Apples, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Desired amount of prepared cashew yogurt
- Toppings: granola, salted seeds, trail mix, nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon
Directions for Alecia’s Raw Fermented Cashew Yogurt Recipe:
- Place cashews into either a glass bowl or blender container. Cover with filtered water and let cashews soak for 2 hours to soften.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place soaked cashews into your blender and cover with filtered water about ½ inch above cashews. Blend up until silky smooth consistency. Pour into a glass bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap/clean cloth/nut milk bag and let sit on kitchen counter out of direct sunlight for about 24 – 48 hours. You will notice small bubbles forming. This is the fermentation happening. The longer it sits, the more it ferments and becomes sour. If you live in a warmer climate, fermentation happens more quickly and if you live in a colder climate, fermentation takes longer. Be sure to taste your yogurt so you know your desired length of fermentation time.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve and enjoy
Directions for Flavored Yogurt Recipe:
- Stir ingredients together and enjoy right away. Depending on acidity of fruit, it may cause separation if left sitting too long.
Directions for Yogurt Salad Recipe:
- Mix cut-up fruit together with yogurt until fruit is coated. Top with desired topping(s).
Serves 20. Per Serving:
Calories: 24 |
Total Fat: 2 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 1 g |
Dietary Fiber: 0 g |
Protein: 1 g
Apples cleanse the colon of bacteria, viruses, yeast, and mold. They also support the liver, digestive tract function, and brain health.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamins B6 and C, and other antioxidants and phytonutrients. Ripe bananas are easier to digest and have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen.
Cashews are a good source of healthy dietary fats and essential minerals, including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
Thank you Katrina and Alecia! I can't wait to try this !!! Yum !
Customer Service says
Hi Careena, We are thrilled that you like the recipe! Please let us know how this turns out for you. Thank YOU for being here with us. Have a beautiful day. :)
Thank you so much for the very easy to make recipe for cashew yoghurt. I mixed it with blueberries, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Delicious!
Customer Service says
Hi Diana! We are glad to hear you gave this a try and made it your own. That sounds delicious. Thank YOU for being here with us. Have a happy and healthy day! :)
Hi! This recipe sounds great, thanks for sharing ... I am super excited to try this. It sounds too easy to be true! Is this different than cultured yogurt since there is no starter or probiotics added?