OrganiGreens Pineapple Coconut Frozen Treat
- 3 cups (1 lb) chopped frozen pineapple (you can freeze fresh pineapple or buy frozen)
- 1 cup hardened coconut cream (from a refrigerated 13.6 oz can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 large handful of organic baby spinach (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar (or date syrup/maple syrup/frozen banana)
- 1-2 scoop(s) Organixx OrganiGreens (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt rocks (coarse)
- Toasted flake coconut
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Dark chocolate
- Place can of full-fat coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight.
- Scoop out the hardened cream on top and keep the coconut water for a later recipe.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor, pulse a few times, and then let the processor run for about 3-5 minutes, or until you reach a smooth, airy consistency, scraping down sides as needed.
- Serve right away for a softer texture or freeze for about an hour for a firmer treat. Can be kept in the freezer in a covered container for up to 2 months.
- Scoop into bowls, garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!
Makes 4 treats. Per serving: (using baby spinach, agave nectar & 2 scoops of Organixx OrganiGreens)
Total Fat: 12g
Total Carbohydrate: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Agave Nectar is a sweet golden-brown liquid made from the sap of the agave plant (a type of cactus that tequila is made from). It is about one-and-a-half times sweeter than sugar, so you should use less of it in your recipes.
Coconut Cream is a thick cream made from coconut milk. It is low-carb and dairy-free. To make coconut cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge for several hours. Open the can and scoop out the solid “cream” that has risen to the top.
Organixx OrganiGreens is a greens powder made with 17 organic superfoods and botanicals. It mixes easily into water, your favorite juice, smoothie, or savory dishes.
Pineapple serves as an ample source of a special enzyme called bromelain, which can support GI health and the immune system.
Spinach supports healthy bones and eyes and slows age-related decline in brain function. It’s also loaded with vitamin K, which promotes healthy blood and circulation.