Organic Fire CiderReading Time: 2 minutes
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 1 organic garlic bulb (about 10 cloves), smashed and chopped
- 2 organic jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ½ cup fresh organic ginger root, grated (leave on peel)
- ½ cup fresh organic turmeric root, grated (leave on peel)
- ½ cup fresh organic horseradish root, grated (leave on peel)
- Zest & juice from 1 organic lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Organic apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered & includes the mother)
- 2 Tablespoons raw, local honey (or to taste)
- Organixx 7M capsules (optional)
- Place all of your ingredients except honey and apple cider vinegar into a half-gallon glass jar.
- Pour apple cider vinegar in until it covers all the veggies by 2-3 inches.
- Place parchment paper over top of jar, then screw on the lid.
- Shake well and place jar in a dark, cool place. Shake daily.
- After one month (or longer), strain the vinegar through a sieve. You can also squeeze through a nut bag.
- Add in desired amount of honey for some sweetness. Shake up well. Store either in a refrigerator or cupboard for up to a month.
- You can take 2-3 tablespoons daily, morning or night, all at once or spread out. Just be sure not to take on empty stomach! You can also open and add 2 capsules of Organixx 7M+ to each serving for extra immune support.
- Rinse mouth with fresh water after taking to protect tooth enamel.
Makes 4 ¾ – 5 cups.
Per Serving (based on using 1 cup of organic apple cider vinegar):
Calories: 11 | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Carbohydrate: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Protein: 0 g
7M+ from Organixx is a proprietary blend of 7 potent nutritional mushrooms well-known for their immune system support and anti-aging properties.
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
The high beta-carotene content of cayenne pepper has been found to increase immunity and help reduce symptoms in asthma.
There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world. It is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. According to the ancient healing system of Ayurveda, ginger strengthens the immune system by helping to break down toxins in the body’s organs, thereby cleansing the lymphatic system.
Horseradish is a large, white root vegetable with a pungent flavor that is used as both a condiment and medicine. It’s high in dietary fiber, folate, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and manganese.
Jalapeno peppers contain a special compound called capsaicin that can invigorate the immune system and detoxification process.
Lemon zest contains a compound known as D-Limonene which is believed to help burn fat, reduce inflammation, and kill disease-causing germs.
Onions are nutrient-dense, meaning they’re low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C, B, and potassium. The flavanoids are concentrated in the outer layers, so try to remove as few layers as possible when peeling.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Over 5,600 research studies show turmeric – with its active ingredient curcumin – is clinically proven to help curb inflammation and support the body in maintaining healthy inflammation levels.