Soothing Golden Milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 5 walnuts
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, sliced (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, sliced (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 large date or ½ Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or Ceylon cinnamon)
Optional: 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend up well.
- Pour ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a mug.
- Garnish with cinnamon, if desired, and enjoy!
Serves about 1. Per serving (based on using honey, pumpkin pie spice & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 12g
Total Carbohydrate: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Coconut milk contains 17 out of the 20 amino acids needed for optimal protein formation. It is particularly high in threonine, which is needed to protect the liver, central nervous system, and cardiovascular system.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomachache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Pumpkin spice blend – While lots of stores sell pumpkin spice (aka pumpkin pie spice) ready-made, it’s super simple to make your own from spices you may already have on hand. It’s usually made with a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and allspice.
Over 5,600 research studies show turmeric – with its active ingredient curcumin – is clinically proven to help curb inflammation and support the body in maintaining healthy inflammation levels.
Walnuts are neuroprotective and support heart health. They are loaded with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin.