Daily Cleansing TeaReading Time: < 1 minute
- 16 oz filtered water
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (organic, with the mother)
- ¼ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh Aloe vera gel or 1 oz aloe vera juice
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (or juice of an orange for a little sweetness)
- 3 drops Organixx Iodine (optional)
- Begin by placing 3 drops of Organixx iodine in your mouth and immediately taking a drink of water. Swish in your mouth for 20-30 seconds and then swallow.
- Add water and sliced ginger root to a small pot. Bring to a boil over med-high heat, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes depending on desired ginger flavor.
- Strain out ginger and let cool slightly.
- Add your ginger water and remaining ingredients to a blender container (or use a hand blender) and blend to combine your ingredients.
- Sip slowly and enjoy!
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using aloe vera juice & honey):
Calories: 18.3 | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Carbohydrate: 5.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g | Protein: 0.1 g
Aloe Vera is commonly used externally to soothe burns and abrasions but can also work wonders when taken internally. It supports GI health and helps maintain blood sugar levels that are already within a normal range.
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardio protective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism, and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Cinnamon is a good ally in fighting respiratory infections due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and expectorant properties.
Ginger supports the flushing of waste and toxins by stimulating digestion, circulation, and sweating.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Organixx Iodine is one of the only USDA organic formulas available. It’s a pure, nascent iodine in a convenient liquid form which your thyroid can use immediately.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.