Easy, Healthy Coconut Butter
- 16 ounces unsweetened shredded coconut (about 3 ½ – 4 cups)
Optional Ingredients (use 1 or more if desired):
- ⅛ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted (for more creamy consistency)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1-2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- 1 drop of organic, food grade peppermint/orange/lemon essential oil
- You can either use a high-speed blender OR a food processor. If using a blender, it’s helpful if you start off on the slower setting and then increase the speed as the coconut begins to break down. Whether using the blender or food processor, be sure to scrape down the sides multiple times until you get a creamy smooth consistency (anywhere from 5 – 10 minutes).
- Once you have your desired butter consistency, add in any additional ingredients you like and blend again to incorporate.
- Store coconut butter in a covered glass container (mason jars are perfect) at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Mixture should thicken as it sits. To soften, place jar in a pot of hot water.
- Use coconut butter as you would nut butter: as a spread for muffins/pancakes/waffles, stirred into hot beverages/smoothies/oatmeal/yogurt, drizzled over fruit, as a recipe ingredient, etc. Enjoy!
Makes about 24 tablespoons. Per Tablespoon (based on using Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Calories: 51 |
Total Fat: 5 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 2 g |
Dietary Fiber: 1 g |
Protein: 1 g
Unsweetened shredded coconut usually contains fewer preservatives and sulfites than sweetened.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder contains 5 types of collagen(types I, II, III, V and X) with added vitamin C, B6, zinc & silica for increased bioavailability.