Prebiotic Cherry Almond Energy Balls
- ¾ cup almonds (roasted or raw)
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans (roasted or raw)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (toasted or untoasted)
- ½ cup left-over pulp from juicing (e.g., carrot/apple)
- 6 pitted Medjool dates (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil mixed with 1-2 drops of orange or lemon essential oil (EO is optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt (adjust if using salted nuts)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons raw local honey (optional for added sweetness)
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, nuts, cinnamon, cacao powder
- In a food processor, grind up nuts into smaller pieces.
- Add in remaining ingredients, pulse a few times first and then let the processor run until mixture becomes sticky and ingredients are incorporated. Taste and add sweetener/salt if needed.
- Scoop out 1 TBSP of mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until all balls are formed.
- Optional: coat in desired topping(s).
- Store balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Balls can also be frozen. Enjoy!
Makes 24 balls. Per ball (based on using raw almonds, raw walnuts & grated carrots):
Calories: 92.4 | Total Fat: 5.7 g | Total Carbohydrate: 9.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g | Protein: 1.5 g
Almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants that protect against oxidative stress which can contribute to inflammation, aging, and diseases like cancer.
Apples cleanse the colon of bacteria, viruses, yeast, and mold. They also support the liver, digestive tract function, and brain health.
Carrots were originally medicine, not food. They’ve been used in potions and remedies for the stomach, bladder, jaundice, the easing of menstruation, and cancer.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate.It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Dates are high in fiber. Just 2 Medjool dates contain about the same amount of fiber as one cup of apple.
Dried cherries have had a large amount of their moisture removed which concentrates their flavor and nutrients. For the healthiest option, look for organic cherries with no added sugar or preservatives.
Made from orange peel, orange essential oil can be beneficial for those suffering from stomach issues such as excess gas and constipation. To avoid pesticide exposure, only use pure, organic essential oils in recipes.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Unsweetened shredded coconut is a healthier choice than sweetened. It often contains fewer preservatives and usually isn’t treated with sulfites to keep it white.
Walnuts are neuroprotective and support heart health. They are loaded with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin.
The powerhouse trio of herbs in Magi-Complexx provides the strongest, most synergistic healing effect, helping sufferers of arthritis pain, constant muscle aches and pains, neuropathy, systemic inflammation, slowed wound healing, circulatory challenges, as well as skin irritations like eczema, psoriasis, and acne.