- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup Meyer lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 3-4 Meyer lemons)
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup powdered Lakanto (or your preferred sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric (for color)
- ⅛ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 drop of lemon or orange essential oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a small pan except for the essential oil. Whisk ingredients together over low heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in essential oil, if using. Pour into a glass jar and let cool for about an hour. For a thicker consistency, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving suggestions: Serve with fresh fruit, over yogurt or granola, use with other toppings such as nuts and cacao nibs as a topping for pancakes/waffle/toast; add a dollop to a slice of cake or as a layer between cake, or grab a spoonful right out of the jar. Enjoy!
Makes about 2 cups. Serves 32 (1 T). Per Serving (based on using Lakanto):
Calories: 8.6 | Total Fat: 0.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 3 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g | Protein: 0.1 g
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help fortify immune function.
Lakanto is a zero-glycemic, zero-calorie blend of monk fruit and erythritol that makes an excellent sugar substitute for low-carb recipes.
Lemon essential oil is made from the rind of the lemon, not the flesh. It is excellent for both digestion and detoxification.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Lemon zest – Be sure to use zest from organic lemons to avoid pesticide exposure.
Made from orange peel, orange essential oil can be beneficial for those suffering from stomach issues such as excess gas and constipation. To avoid pesticide exposure, only use pure, organic essential oils in recipes.
Tapioca flour is a starch from the cassava (aka Yucca root) that makes an excellent gluten-free thickener. It contains folate, vitamins B and K, and is rich in iron and calcium.
Turmeric Over 5,600 research studies show turmeric – with its active ingredient curcumin – is clinically proven to help curb inflammation and support the body in maintaining healthy inflammation levels.