- 1 ½ cups raw potato, cut into 1-inch pieces (don’t need to be exact)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3-4 drops Organixx Rosemary Essential Oil OR 1 TBSP minced fresh rosemary OR 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed (about 20 stalks)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and rosemary essential oil.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in potatoes and 2 TBSP of the rosemary olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Either line a baking sheet with parchment paper or add a little bit of olive oil and spread out the coated potatoes in a single layer. Roast at 400°F for about 25 minutes, stirring once.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add the trimmed asparagus to the mixing bowl and coat with the remaining rosemary olive oil. Add the coated asparagus to the pan with the potatoes and sprinkle both with garlic, almonds, salt & pepper.
- Roast for about 8-12 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and asparagus is cooked, stirring occasionally. Enjoy warm!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using fresh rosemary):
Calories: 206.2 | Total Fat: 16.5 g | Total Carbohydrate: 13 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g | Protein: 3.9 g
Almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants that protect against oxidative stress which can contribute to inflammation, aging, and diseases like cancer.
Asparagus is high in antioxidants and is considered an excellent anti-inflammatory food. It’s also a good, very good, or excellent source of 22 important nutrients, including vitamin K, folate, copper, vitamin B1, and selenium.
Black pepper promotes warmth in the body which encourages sweating and toxin removal. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and fever-reducing properties that enhance the immune system.
Garlic is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system. There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world.
Olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
Rosemary is a fragrant, woody herb that belongs to the same family as thyme, oregano, lavender, and basil. It’s high in antioxidants and nutrients including vitamins A, C, B6, thiamin, and folate. Some of its reported benefits include supporting a strong immune system, reducing muscle pain, and improving memory.
Potatoes are 99.9% fat-free and contain important nutrients including vitamins B6, C, E, K, as well as potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous.