Tangy & Fresh Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 15 oz soaked and cooked black beans
- 2 fresh corn cobs kernelled (Non-GMO)
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup raw sharp cheddar or jack cheese, shredded (grass fed raw)
- ¾ tablespoon fine Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon (about 2-4 tablespoons, as desired)
- ½ cup organic white vinegar
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a medium pot.
- Add 4 cups water and a pinch of salt, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until water is absorbed 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Chill 2 hours. (If you forget to chill quinoa, it's ok, it's just tastier when it's cool!)
- Combine all vegetables and *cheese and mix well. Add to quinoa. Then add *vinegar, salt, and lemon juice. Mix again. Let chill in fridge 1 hour.
- *You can also adjust vinegar and lemon juice to taste.