- 2 organic apples, chopped
- 1 pound free-range, organic chicken thigh/breast, cooked & chopped or shredded
- Spices for chicken: 1-2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp pink Himalayan/sea salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ – 1 cup grass-fed, organic shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 6-8 gluten-free tortillas
- 1 cup chopped fresh Roma tomatoes (about 2 – 3 tomatoes)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, pour 1 TBSP of olive oil over raw chicken pieces. Stir to coat. Add in spices and stir again to coat chicken.
- Heat 2 TBSP of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned chicken and cook for about 6 minutes until browned, flip over and cook an additional 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. (Cooking time will vary depending on size of chicken pieces.)
- Remove chicken from heat and let cool. Once cool, chop or shred and place into a clean bowl. Add chopped apples and spinach and stir together. Add in any extra juices left over in pan from cooking chicken.
- If you’re making your own salsa, toss all of your salsa ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. (You can also use a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with additional olive oil. Onto half of a tortilla, sprinkle a little cheese, top with about ¾ cup of chicken mixture, sprinkle a little more cheese on top and fold tortilla over (use a toothpick if need be to keep tortilla closed). Continue adding your filled tortillas in a single layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes, turning once during baking OR heat tortillas in a lightly-greased skillet.
- Serve hot with salsa for dipping. Enjoy!
Serves 6. Per Serving:
Calories: 422.4| Total Fat: 19.5 g | Total Carbohydrate: 41.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 20.4 g