- 1 cup of organic decaffeinated or caffeinated coffee
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao (not cocoa) powder*
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Brew coffee. Combine with all other ingredients and blend for about 15 seconds. Sprinkle with additional cacao powder on top if you want and enjoy!
- Optional: for straight hot “cocoa,” you can omit the coffee and use either hot coconut milk or almond milk instead.
Serves 1. Per Serving (based on using decaffeinated coffee):
Calories: 106.6 | Total Fat: 8 g | Total Carbohydrate: 7.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g | Protein: 2.6 g
*Cacao powder is made from unroasted cocoa beans, which means it has more gut-friendly enzymes and nutrients than its roasted cousin cocoa. Cocoa is what you’ll find on most grocery store shelves and is usually full of added sugar. Raw cacao is available at health food stores and online.