Low-Carb Seed Crackers
- 2-3 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 500ml / 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 500g / 3 ½ cups seeds of your choice (idea: sunflower, flax seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds)
- 3 tablespoons melted cold-pressed coconut oil
- Spices (depending your taste you can also leave some out and only use himalayan salt)
- 1-2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2-3 teaspoons himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 170C.
- Mix together water, chia seeds and psyllium husk and leave for 5-10 minutes to gel.
- Mix in coconut oil, all spices & seeds and combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper
- Spread the mixture out thinly on the tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut it in squares, cracker size.
- Put them back into the oven and bake for another 20-40 minutes approximately.
- Keep rotating and checking them after the first 20min.
- Bake until crisp.
- Remove them, break them apart and allow them to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.