- 3 Tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
- 1 ½ – 2 cups filtered water
- 2 inches ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 drop Organixx Lemon or Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- 1 scoop Organixx OrganiGreens
- Stevia to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut cream for creamy gummies (optional)
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside to thicken.
- Place ginger slices and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes (the longer it simmers, the stronger the flavor).
- Strain out ginger pieces and measure out 1 ¼ cups of the ginger water. Blend in OrganiGreens, essential oil, and gelatin/lemon juice mixture. Sweeten to taste. (Optional: blend in coconut cream if making creamy gummies)
- Pour liquid into lightly greased molds or into a lightly greased 8×8 glass pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours to set. Tip: You may want to place in the freezer for 15 additional minutes to help gummies release more easily.
- Store gummies in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using 4 grams stevia and no coconut cream):
Calories: 21.8 | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Carbohydrate: 1.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g | Protein: 4.3 g
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomach ache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Grass-fed gelatin tip: For this recipe, be sure to use culinary gelatin that is designed to “gel” in recipes. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder is amazing for many health uses, but will not harden enough to make gummies.
Lemon essential oil is made from the rind of the lemon, not the flesh. It is excellent for both digestion and detoxification.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Organixx OrganiGreens is a revolutionary organic green juice powder made with 14 sprouted & fermented superfoods and botanicals for maximum nutrition.