- ½ medium red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, diced
- 2 handfuls of kale, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 5 medium-sized romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced and soaked for 5 minutes in filtered water
- ½ red onion, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh turmeric root, minced OR 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Splash of organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (or more) cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- High quality salt such as pink or sea salt, to taste
- Wash all vegetables carefully. Then mandolin the red cabbage into a large bowl. If you do not have a mandolin then slice it thinly. Chop the remaining vegetables and add to the bowl.
- Mix spices with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss into the salad. Add the sun-dried tomatoes with the soaking water. Let it rest for ten minutes or more for the flavors to meld and the cabbage to soften.
- Garnish with apple slices drizzled with lemon juice.
- Serve in bowls along with your favorite entree or enjoy alone.
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using turmeric powder):
Calories: 141.8 | Total Fat: 4.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 24.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 7.2 g | Protein: 5.2 g