- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons powdered Lakanto (or ½ cup of your preferred sweetener)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional; omit for vegan option)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops Organixx Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- In a small pot, add in coconut milk, Lakanto (or other sweetener), and collagens powder (if using).
- Whisk over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat so mixture is at a gentle simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 35-45 minutes while stirring occasionally until the caramel mixture has reduced to about half the volume and turned a slightly darker color. It will thicken up some but not completely. This is okay as sauce thickens more when it cools. (Tip: be sure to watch your sauce more carefully at the end of cooking time as you don’t want to overcook and turn it into caramel candy.)
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in the salt, vanilla extract, and essential oil (if using).
- Let cool and allow sauce to thicken.
- Store in an airtight container overnight preferably before using as this will allow sauce to thicken up even more. Store dipping sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with sliced fruit for dipping or pour over your favorite dessert. Enjoy!
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using Lakanto):
Calories: 79.1 | Total Fat: 9.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 5.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g | Protein: 0.6 g