Empowering you Organically – Season 3 – Episode 18
Title: 10 Reasons to Consume Juice Daily – Part 1
Hosts: Jonathan Hunsaker & TeriAnn Trevenen
Description: Juicing? Everyone is talking about it? What’s the big deal? Today Jonathan and TeriAnn share their juicing tips and experiences as well as the top 10 health benefits to juicing.
* * *
What is Juicing?
- process of extracting juice from plant tissues such as fruit or vegetables
- generally the preferred method of consuming large amounts of produce quickly
- often practiced for dietary reasons or as a form of alternative medicine
Top 10 Countdown on Juicing
- We need liquids to remain healthy, and juicing is a good source of liquids. Around three-quarters of the human body is water.
- There is general agreement among clinicians that chronic mild fluid restriction will compromise health, but there is limited solid evidence to substantiate this clinical impression.
- Severe dehydration is clearly detrimental to health and is associated with compromised cardiovascular function, renal impairment, weakness and lassitude, and a number of diffuse symptoms, including headache, nausea and general malaise.
- Specific Vitamins and Minerals
- When you juice raw fruits and vegetables, you get specific vitamins and minerals in a natural, easily absorbable form.
- Looking for beta carotene? Drink carrot juice.
- Looking for potassium? Try a green juice or blackberry juice.
- Plant-based foods, such as fruit, vegetables, and whole grains, which contain significant amounts of bioactive phytochemicals, may provide desirable health benefits beyond basic nutrition to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Protein from Non-Meat Sources
- Although fruits and vegetables do not contain large quantities of protein, their juice can be a convenient carrier.
- Simply add some brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, or collagen to whatever you’re juicing. These give you protein without the fat that meat contains, and protein that is quickly and easily absorbed by the body.
- Quick Absorption
- When you drink juice, the nutrients get to you quickly. Nutrition at the cellular level!
Tune in next week to Episode #19 for the top 5 reasons to drink green juice daily!
* * *
Subscribe to Empowering You Organically
Never miss an episode!
Episode 18 – 10 Reasons to Consume Juice Daily – Part 1