- 2 large bunches organic kale
- ¼ – ½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Seeds (arils) from 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup pecans
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Begin by roasting pecans. Preheat oven to 375F. In a bowl, toss together pecans and maple syrup. Place coated pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Place on middle rack and roast for 10 minutes. Give them a stir. If you want a darker roast, continue roasting for an additional 2 to 3 minutes being careful to watch closely as nuts can quickly burn. Remove nuts from oven and let cool.
- Prepare the dressing. In a glass jar add in olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, collagens powder, and cayenne. Secure lid and shake well. Set aside.
- Prepare the kale by cutting out the hard middle stem from each leaf. Tear or chop up the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and add the dressing. Massage the kale with your hands until kale becomes darker in color and coated with dressing (about 2 minutes).
- Assemble salad by adding cooled pecans, cranberries, and pomegranate seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using honey):
Calories: 354.5 | Total Fat: 29.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 21.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g | Protein: 6.4 g