- 3 lb organic apples, juiced (about 7-9 apples)
- 2 organic oranges, juiced
- 7 cardamom pods, crushed
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Freshly juice your apples and oranges. If you do not have a juicer, simply blend up chopped, seeded apples and peeled oranges in several batches adding about ¼ cup of filtered water to each batch. Blend for about 1 minute and then strain juice through a cheesecloth or nut bag.
- To a large pot, add in your juice and the rest of your ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cover, simmering for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm. Garnish with lemon wedge, cinnamon, and/or an orange slice.
Serves 4. Per Serving:
Calories: 233 | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Carbohydrate: 57 g | Dietary Fiber: 13 g | Protein: 1 g