- 1 ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 for 1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Spices: 2 teaspoons Ceylon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Flax “eggs”: 2 Tablespoons ground flax meal mixed with 5 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup cooked & mashed sweet potato (canned or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (or applesauce)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla nut milk at room temperature
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Additional coconut sugar and Ceylon cinnamon
- use 1 ½ cups sweet potato and omit milk completely
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 8 ½” X 4 ½” loaf pan with coconut oil. Line bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together sweet potato*, flax eggs, coconut sugar, milk, and coconut oil.
- Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture and stir until just combined. Batter will be thick. Pour batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Top with pecans, additional coconut sugar, and cinnamon if using.
- Bake bread approximately 50-60 minutes until dark brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread on rack. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Makes 1 loaf, 10 slices. Per Slice Serving (based on using mashed sweet potato & coconut oil):
Calories: 219 | Total Fat: 8 g | Total Carbohydrate: 35 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Protein: 2 g