- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot or small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh turmeric root (or 2 tsp turmeric powder)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Spices: 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp chili powder, 1 tsp curry powder, pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups of your favorite veggies, chopped OR 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 drops of Organixx Lemon Essential Oil OR 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot/onion, ginger, turmeric and garlic to pan, stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in spices and tomato and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in cauliflower, veggies and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and broth thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in lemon essential oil or lemon juice into coconut milk and add to pan along with chickpeas (if using). Stir well and cook for about 3 minutes until heated through.
- Serve warm over favorite rice, salad greens or enjoy on its own!
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using turmeric powder, chickpeas & lemon juice):
Calories: 153.2 | Total Fat: 6.9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 19.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g | Protein: 4.8 g