- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup cooked rice/gluten-free breadcrumbs/almond flour
- ½ large yellow or white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups of your choice of chopped vegetables (shown in video: ½ cup peppers, ½ cup broccoli & 1 cup shredded carrot)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds + 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (omit for vegan option)
- Spread drained black beans onto a lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350F for 15 minutes to dry out beans just a bit. Let beans cool slightly after baking.
- While beans are baking, make chia egg replacement by mixing together chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onion, garlic, and veggies. Saute for a few minutes until softened and fragrant. Remove pan from heat and allow veggies to cool.
- In a food processor, add cooled veggies, chia egg replacement, spices, and collagens powder if using. Pulse to combine but don’t over mix. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- To the same food processor bowl, add black beans and rice (or breadcrumbs or flour). Pulse until beans are desired size. Pour into mixing bowl with veggie mixture and stir or use your hands to combine well.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of mixture and form into a burger. Repeat.
- Bake burgers at 375F for around 20 minutes. You can eat burgers right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to week. Reheat on a grill, in the oven, or in a skillet with a bit of olive oil. Use as you would a hamburger patty. Enjoy!
Serves 11. Per Serving (based on using cooked rice, peppers, broccoli, carrot & pink Himalayan salt):
Calories: 125.3 | Total Fat: 1.1 g | Total Carbohydrate: 22.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.6 g | Protein: 7.3 g