- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe medium Haas avocados, with skins and seeds removed
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, with seeds removed and chopped in large pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped in large pieces OR substitute yellow onion
- 1 pint fresh broccoli sprouts, rinsed and set aside
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups spring OR filtered water
- 2 tablespoons hemp OR extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric root, finely chopped OR 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 handful cilantro, with stems removed, rinsed and chopped OR substitute parsley
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder OR flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Quality salt to taste, such as pink or sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients and spices except broccoli sprouts in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- If a warm soup is desired, pour into a pot and warm on the stove on med-low, stirring constantly until just hot to the touch.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with avocado slices and 1⁄4 cup or more broccoli sprouts on top and serve with raw crackers.