- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple cubes
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and quartered (or leave the peel on if organic and well washed)
- 1 large handful organic baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 2-4 drops of grapefruit or lemon essential oil (or more to taste)
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Freshly ground flax seeds or hemp hearts, for garnish
- Cut off both ends of the pineapple and trim off the rind. Slice the pineapple into quarters and remove the core. Cut into chunks. Place pineapple chunks into the blender.
- Cut off both ends of kiwifruit and cut into quarters. (Note: Remove the skin if your kiwi is not organic.) Add kiwi to the blender.
- Add a large handful of organic baby spinach, essential oil, and coconut oil. Add ice cubes and blend up thoroughly, adding water if it is too thick.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with flax seeds, and enjoy!
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that promote the reduction of cholesterol levels, which helps prevent cardiovascular diseases. They are a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamin B1, copper, selenium, and zinc.
Grapefruit essential oil is well known for its mood-lifting, immune-stimulating, antibacterial, and cleansing properties. It is also used for improved digestion, skin problems, cleaning, lifting depression, and aphrodisiac qualities.
Kiwifruit helps remove toxins from the intestinal tract, which can improve your immune system and metabolism.
Lemon essential oil is made from the rind of the fruit, not the flesh. It is excellent for both digestion and detoxification.
Pineapple serves as an ample source of a special enzyme called bromelain, which can support GI health and the immune system.
Spinach supports healthy bones and eyes and slows age-related decline in brain function. It’s also loaded with vitamin K, which promotes healthy blood and circulation.