- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon + ¼ tsp pink Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 eggplants
- ½ cup cashews, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion, garlic, curry powder, chili powder, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes until quinoa is lightly toasted. Add in water, cover and reduce heat, and simmer for 20-25 minutes until quinoa is translucent and water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is simmering, cut eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on a greased baking sheet, cut sides facing up. Brush eggplant with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Broil on high for about 7 minutes or until tender (position oven rack so that eggplants are about 6 inches away from broiler element).
- Stir chopped cashews and lemon juice into cooked quinoa. Stuff the eggplants with the quinoa mixture. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving:
Calories: 449.4 | Total Fat: 25.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 49.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 9.4 g | Protein: 11.7 g