- 1 ½ lb carrots (8-10 medium carrots)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup almonds (roasted or raw)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Cut carrots into “fries” by cutting off both ends. Cut carrot in half, then cut each half lengthwise 3 to 4 times to desired size. Place carrot slices in a mixing bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Mix spices and collagens powder together in a small bowl. Pour ingredients over oiled carrots and toss well. Place coated carrots in a single layer onto 2 baking sheets. Bake for 24 to 27 minutes, flipping once in the middle of baking.
- While carrots are in the oven, prepare the pesto: In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse all ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice just until almonds and spinach break down. Turn on processor and slowly pour in olive oil and lemon juice through the top.
- Remove carrot fries from oven and serve hot with pesto as a dipping sauce on the side. Store any leftover pesto covered in the refrigerator to enjoy with another meal.
Serves 4. Per Serving (fries only based on using olive oil):
Calories: 145.5 | Total Fat: 10.5 g | Total Carbohydrate: 12.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g | Protein: 1.5 g