- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of Organixx OrganiGreens
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1-inch ginger root, chopped
- Handful of spinach for a “greener” shake (optional)
- 6 large scoops of your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream (about 1 ½ cups total)
- ½ cup coconut milk or nut milk (use full fat for a creamier/thicker shake)
- ½ avocado (optional)
- Handful of spinach
- 1-2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
Recipe #1: Dairy Free Shamrock Shake – Serves 1.
Calories: 331.2 | Total Fat: 21.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 34.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g | Protein: 4.3 g
Recipe #2: Dairy-Free Shamrock Shake – Serves 2.
Per Serving (based on using coconut milk):
Calories: 269.1 | Total Fat: 13.9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 31.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g | Protein: 8.1 g
Ingredient Health Highlights
Avocados are high in fiber and contain more potassium than bananas! The fat in avocado helps your body absorb the vitamins and antioxidants from other plant foods.
Bananas are rich in potassium and fiber which help to lower blood pressure and support heart health. Ripe bananas are easier to digest and have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen.
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help boost immune function.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomach ache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Organixx OrganiGreens is a revolutionary organic green drink packed with fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs, and spices that actually tastes good!
Peppermint Essential Oil comes from the peppermint plant which has been used for centuries as both a medicinal herb and flavorful culinary addition. It’s excellent for colds, flu, stomach upset, nausea, headaches, hot flashes, and as a mood booster.
Spinach is loaded with chlorophyll, which improves liver detoxification and digestion.