- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into 1-inch floret pieces (4 cups)
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced (plus minced fronds for garnish)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons of ghee/butter/olive oil or vegetable/chicken broth
- 4-6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2-3 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- Cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- In a cast-iron pan or baking dish, add sweet potato, cauliflower, shallots, and fennel. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and stir to coat. Sprinkle with sea salt and toss again.
- Roast in 425F oven for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft and fork is easily inserted in the middle. Stir once during roasting to be sure to cook evenly.
- In a small saucepan, add ghee/butter/oil/broth, garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Stir well and heat over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Once vegetables are done roasting, add chicken (if using) and liquid spice mixture to pan. Stir together. Roast for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and serve hot. Enjoy!
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using ghee):
Calories: 145.8 | Total Fat: 10.6 g | Total Carbohydrate: 11.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g | Protein: 2.4 g