- 2.5 lbs organic chicken thighs or breasts, skin removed (4-6 pieces of chicken)
- Fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp each maple syrup and balsamic vinegar mixed together to coat chicken during roasting
- 1/3 cup organic cranberries
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp organic tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- Clean your chicken, then place in a roasting or baking dish.
- Blend all the balsamic chicken marinade ingredients in a food processor until liquefied and smooth.
- Pour marinade over the chicken thighs, coating evenly. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hrs. Once marinated, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Add extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup cranberries and fresh thyme to baking dish and spread evenly on and around the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on thickness of chicken).
- Partway through baking, baste each chicken piece with the maple syrup/balsamic vinegar combo.
- After chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from oven. Spoon the sauce from the pan onto each chicken piece and season with a pinch of fresh black pepper.