- 1 small (1.5 – 2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups carrots, chopped into 1-inch size pieces (about 4-5 medium carrots)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Spices: 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt; 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon; ¼ teaspoon coriander; ¼ teaspoon ground ginger; ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bunches curly kale, stems removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted seeds or nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens (optional)
- Avocado chunks, dried cranberries/cherries, apple chunks, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, quinoa, your favorite protein… endless possibilities!
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, add the butternut squash cubes, carrots, olive oil, spices, and toss to coat. Place on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for about 30 – 35 minutes, stirring halfway, or until tender and slightly browned on edges.
- While veggies are roasting, make the dressing by placing all ingredients into a glass jar, place on lid and shake up well or blend for a smoother consistency. Store dressing in the refrigerator.
- Prepare kale by removing the hard middle stem. Then either rip up or cut up the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- When ready to serve, add dressing to kale and massage it for a few minutes with your hands until the kale is reduced in size, softened, and has turned dark green. Add in roasted veggies, dried cranberries, nuts, and any desired additional add-ins. Toss, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 6-8. Per Serving (based on using pecans & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens):
Calories: 295 | Total Fat: 19 g | Total Carbohydrate: 24 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 5 g