We recommend using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible!
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts (soak 1 hr) or cashews (soak 2 hrs) or hazelnuts (soak in water for 4 hrs)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder or a dark chocolate (add an additional ¼ cup)
- ½ cup of cold pressed coconut oil, liquified at a low temperature over a stove top
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey (add more if needed) or coconut nectar
- ¼ cup spring or filtered water (only if needed to make the filling smooth)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs and/or nuts for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Quality salt to taste (we recommend pink or sea salt)
- ¾ cup of raw almonds
- ½ cup buckwheat flour or ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- Quality salt to taste
- Spread a tiny amount of coconut oil on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Add all your crust ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until it is a loose cookie dough form or if ingredients begin to stick together.
- Place the dough mixture in your pie plate and press evenly from the center to the sides and about a half to one inch up the sides. (Place in the freezer while preparing the filling.)
- Place filling ingredients and spices into a food processor or blender and process until smooth; slowly adding water if necessary. (Blend until you have the consistency of a thick pudding.)
- Take your crust out of the freezer and pour and spread the filling evenly into the crust.
- Place pie back in the freezer for two to three hours or until firm.
- Take your pie out of the freezer and cover the filling with plastic wrap.
- Place back into the freezer until it is time to serve!
- Remove from the freezer and garnish with cacao nibs, coconut, or crushed nuts. (You may need to allow pie to sit for 10 minutes or so before cutting into slices to serve.)
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using macadamia nuts, cacao powder, honey, cacao nibs & buckwheat flour):
Calories: 401.9 | Total Fat: 33.2 g | Total Carbohydrate: 20.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g | Protein: 6.3 g