- ½ medium avocado, diced
- ¼ cup untoasted walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup red OR white quinoa
- 1 small red tomato, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa as usual and allow to cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, chop up vegetables and herbs and add to a large bowl.
- Add cooled quinoa, lemon juice, olive oil, and spices, and stir well to combine.
- Can serve immediately or place in the fridge and chill before serving.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for 1-2 days.