- 4 lb sugar pie pumpkin (or substitute two 15 oz cans of pumpkin puree)
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemongrass, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 15 oz can coconut milk (light or full-fat)
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- ½-1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional; omit for vegan option)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut & pumpkin seeds for garnish
- If using fresh pumpkin, cut pumpkin in half. Scoop out the seeds (tip: save for roasting). In a preheated 400F oven, place pumpkin halves face down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 35-45 minutes until the skin begins to pull away from the flesh of the pumpkin and fork is easily inserted.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, chop the onion and lemongrass, mince the garlic, and grate the ginger root. When the pumpkin is done roasting, remove from oven and let cool just enough to pull the skin off.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add in onion, garlic, and lemongrass. Stir and cook for about 4 minutes until fragrant. Add cooked (or canned pumpkin if using), broth, and stir well. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients. Blend soup using a hand or immersion blender until creamy. Ladle into a bowl and garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and/or shredded coconut and enjoy. Tip: soup gets even more flavorful when refrigerated overnight and reheated.
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using pumpkim puree, vegetable broth & light coconut milk):
Calories: 206.9 | Total Fat: 12.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 20.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g | Protein: 4.3 g