It’s simple to make your own toothpaste at home using natural substances like food-grade diatomaceous earth (a type of magnetic clay), bentonite clay, and/or activated charcoal along with a healthy fat like coconut oil. Add one or more essential oils for the finishing touch.
Store your toothpaste in a sealed container. A small glass mason jar works well. To use, scoop a small amount out of the jar using a clean spoon or popsicle stick, spread on wet toothbrush bristles, and brush teeth as usual.
Recipe used with permission from "Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine For The Modern World" by Jordan Rubin, Dr. Josh Axe, and Ty Bollinger
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of clove
- 1 tablespoon xylitol or 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia for sweetness (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Put into a rubber tube or sealed glass container.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes, two to three times daily.
Organixx organic essential oils are made with indigenously sourced plants retrieved from the world’s best sources. Visit our website for more essential oil recipes and helpful articles.