- 2 cans (13.5 oz each) of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 – ¼ cup powdered Lakanto, sifted
- 5-6 drops of your choice of peppermint, orange, or lemon essential oil (optional)
- Chill cans of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream overnight. Place glass bowl in freezer for about 15 minutes right before you are ready to make your whipping cream.
- Add coconut cream to chilled bowl. (If using coconut milk, scoop out just the hardened cream from the top of the can into bowl.)
- Using hand mixer, mix on med-high speed until soft peaks form. If your coconut cream is hard and/or lumpy, simply add in a little bit of the leftover coconut milk until desired consistency is reached. This takes anywhere from 1 to 4 minutes.
- Add in vanilla extract, desired essential oil flavoring, and Lakanto powdered sugar. Mix again.
- Use whipped cream immediately or place bowl in the refrigerator for about one hour to firm up a bit more.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Use on top of hot cocoa, desserts, fruit, or just eat it on its own! It’s delicious!!
Serves 12. Per Serving:
Calories: 127.5 | Total Fat: 15.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 4.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g | Protein: 0.9 g