- 1/3 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 4 large organic fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut horizontally into 1/3-inch-thick slices, fronds reserved 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated organic lemon zest
- 1 clove organic garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated organic parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking dish. Arrange the fennel in the dish. Sprinkle with the salt, lemon zest and garlic. Top with the parmesan cheese and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake until the fennel is fork-tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Chop enough fennel fronds to equal 2 teaspoons, then sprinkle over the roasted fennel along with the pomegranate seeds.