- 2 medium delicata squash, seeded & sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dried cranberries
- Dried cherries
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a small mixing bowl add pecans and toss with maple syrup, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast in a 375F preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes, watching closely so as not to burn.
- While pecans roast, prepare squash by slicing off both ends, cutting squash lengthwise, and scooping out the seeds. Lay squash flat side down and cut into ½ inch thick slices or “half-moons.”
- When pecans are done roasting, increase oven to 400F.
- Toss squash with olive oil and salt. On parchment-lined baking sheet, bake in 400F oven for about 20 – 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve squash warm topped with roasted maple pecans.
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using olive oil):
Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 9 g | Total Carbohydrate: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 3 g