- 2 medium yams or sweet potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil OR olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried OR 2 teaspoons fresh
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- Pinch or more of powdered cayenne pepper (optional)
- Wash and peel yams/sweet potatoes and then slice approximately 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl blending together with a fork or small wire whisk.
- Add yams/sweet potatoes to the bowl and coat with seasoned oil.
- Then place in a glass baking dish and bake in the oven at 350 F.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until tender (when fork can be inserted easily into the potato).
- Season with quality pink or sea salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve as a side dish or as a savory snack. This comfort food can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using cold pressed coconut oil & dried oregano):
Calories: 137.4 | Total Fat: 7.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 16.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g | Protein: 1.2 g