- 1 ½ lb carrots (8-10 medium carrots)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup almonds (roasted or raw)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Cut carrots into “fries” by cutting off both ends. Cut carrot in half, then cut each half lengthwise 3 to 4 times to desired size. Place carrot slices in a mixing bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Mix spices and collagens powder together in a small bowl. Pour ingredients over oiled carrots and toss well. Place coated carrots in a single layer onto 2 baking sheets. Bake for 24 to 27 minutes, flipping once in the middle of baking.
- While carrots are in the oven, prepare the pesto: In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse all ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice just until almonds and spinach break down. Turn on processor and slowly pour in olive oil and lemon juice through the top.
- Remove carrot fries from oven and serve hot with pesto as a dipping sauce on the side. Store any leftover pesto covered in the refrigerator to enjoy with another meal.
Serves 4. Per Serving (fries only based on using olive oil):
Calories: 145.5 | Total Fat: 10.5 g | Total Carbohydrate: 12.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g | Protein: 1.5 g
Almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants that protect against oxidative stress which can contribute to inflammation, aging, and diseases like cancer.
Black pepper promotes warmth in the body which encourages sweating and toxin removal. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and fever-reducing properties that enhance the immune system.
Carrots were originally medicine, not food. They’ve been used in potions and remedies for the stomach, bladder, jaundice, the easing of menstruation, and cancer.
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world. It is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Nutritional yeast is a cheesy-tasting powder that is a popular ingredient in vegan recipes. It’s also one of the best non-animal sources of folic acid and vitamin B12.
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
Smoked paprika also goes by the name Spanish paprika, sweet paprika, smoked pimenton, or just pimenton. It’s made from peppers that are smoked before crushing and has a rich, smoky flavor.
Spinach supports healthy bones and eyes and slows age-related decline in brain function. It’s also loaded with vitamin K, which promotes healthy blood and circulation.