Spicy Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- 2 cups fresh organic basil leaves (no stems), gently packed
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated organic parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free and add 1 extra Tbsp of lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 capsules of Organixx 7M, opened
- 2-3 med-large zucchinis, spiraled
- 1 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- Spiralize your zucchinis. Place in a strainer and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 30 minutes to release moisture in noodles.
- Combine basil leaves, 7M, cayenne powder, salt, lemon juice, pine nuts or walnuts and garlic in a food processor and process until very finely minced.
- With the machine running slowly dribble in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cheese and process very briefly, just long enough to combine.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil. Add noodles and saute for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add pesto sauce to noodles and gently fold together.
- Garnish with additional grated cheese. Serve up immediately.
- Optional: Can top with grilled chicken and/or shrimp