Low-Carb Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup of cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cayenne or chili powder
- Cut up one small cauliflower head into middle sized florets.
- Spread out the florets on a baking tray with baking paper and sprinkle or spray with olive oil.
- Bake in oven for approx. 30min. at 160C until they are cooked through but still bit crispy
- Lightly roast 1/2 a cup of sesame seeds
- Pulse the sesame seeds lightly in a blender and leave them a side
- Squeeze one lemon in your mixer/food processor
- add the cauliflower florets
- Add 1/2 cup of cold pressed olive oil
- Crush 2 garlic cloves into mixture
- Add himalayan salt and cumin
- Blend the whole mixture, scraping sides off until creamy, if needed add filtered water
- Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if you like.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with cayenne powder
- (serve with low-carb seed crackers to dip)