- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves peeled (about 8-12 garlic cloves)
- 2 cups chicken broth or Organixx Plain Bone Broth* (substitute vegetable broth for vegan option)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup non-dairy plain yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to desired heat)
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 drop Organixx Organic Lemon Essential Oil (optional)
- Cut/break up cauliflower into small florets. Simmer the cauliflower florets in chicken broth* until very tender (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover pot with a kitchen towel to absorb moisture (make sure lid is off), and let cauliflower cool slightly. (*If using Organixx Plain Bone Broth, use 2 scoops of powder + 2 cups of water.)
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in olive oil and heat for about one minute. Add in onion slices and garlic cloves. Lightly brown while stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor container (holding back a bit of the broth) and blend to desired consistency. Only add remaining broth if needed. You may need to blend in batches. Tip: A blender will produce more creamy mashed cauliflower while a food processor will leave more texture.
- Serve warm as a tasty side dish. Enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using chicken broth):
Calories: 238.7 | Total Fat: 14.9 | Total Carbohydrate: 17.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g | Protein: 10 g
Cauliflower is one of the healthiest cruciferous vegetables you can get. It’s loaded with nutrients including fiber, vitamins C, K, and B6, and potassium.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system.
Dairy-free yogurt: Most dairy-free yogurts are made with either coconut, almonds, cashews, soy, flaxseed, or oats as the base. Look for brands that are organic and check the label to ensure sugar isn’t one of the top 3-5 ingredients.
Garlic is a member of the allium family and is clinically shown to support the immune system.
Hemp seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and essential minerals. They are also a good source of phytosterols, which support immune function.
Lemon essential oil is made from the rind of the lemon, not the flesh. It is excellent for both digestion and detoxification.
Nutritional yeast is a cheesy-tasting powder that is a popular ingredient in vegan recipes. It’s also one of the best non-animal sources of folic acid and vitamin B12.
Olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
Onions are nutrient-dense, meaning they’re low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C, B, and potassium. The flavanoids are concentrated in the outer layers, so try to remove as few layers as possible when peeling.
Each scoop of Organixx Organic Bone Broth Protein powder contains 20g of gut-friendly protein and is loaded with collagen powder, glucosamine, and chondroitin to help increase joint mobility.