- 5 medium bananas, frozen & broken into chunks
- ⅓ cup of your favorite nut/oat/rice milk (+ more if needed)
- ¼ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional; omit for vegan option)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (optional)
- Place the bananas, milk, coconut, nut butter, vanilla, and collagens powder into a food processor or blender. Process/blend until creamy. Add in additional milk, if needed.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container; stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon and enjoy!
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using almond & cashew nut milk and almond butter):
Calories: 215.7 | Total Fat: 12.1 g | Total Carbohydrate: 26.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g | Protein: 4.1 g
Don’t have almond butter on hand but have almonds? Make your own almond butter in a food processor or high-speed blender. You need around 1/2 cup + 1/2 TBSP of almonds to make 1/4 cup of almond butter.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamins B6 and C, and other antioxidants and phytonutrients. Ripe bananas are easier to digest and have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen.
Unsweetened shredded coconut usually contains fewer preservatives and sulfites than sweetened coconut.
Good quality dark chocolate is high in antioxidants, rich in fiber, and contains minerals such as iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Walnuts are a good plant source of omega-3 fatty acids. Eating foods containing omega-3s can help cleanse your lungs and keep your pulmonary system working effectively.