- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup kale (or spinach for a milder flavor)
- 1 ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed (or MCT/coconut/olive oil)
- ½ lemon or lime, juiced
- ¾-1 cup water or favorite nut/oat/coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Ice for thicker consistency
- Add stevia to taste
- Add ½ frozen banana
- Garnish with Ceylon cinnamon
- Add ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- Add ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Blend up all ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and add additional ingredients if desired and/or add ice for thicker consistency.
- Pour into 2 glasses, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using kale, ground flaxseed & lemon juice):
Calories: 51 | Total Fat: 2 g | Total Carbohydrate: 6 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Protein: 2 g
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help fortify immune function.
Cucumbers belong to the same botanical family as melons. They add a powerful punch of hydration and flush out disease-promoting toxins.
Flaxseeds are an excellent plant source of both soluble and insoluble fiber that helps soothe the digestive tract and remove waste excreted by the liver from the body.
Kale contains the omega-3 fatty acid ALA, which is a potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals. It’s also an excellent source of vitamins K, A, and C, as well as copper and manganese.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea. It also contains more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates!