Classic Waldorf Salad
- 3 medium organic golden or red delicious apples (about 2 to 2 1/2 cups), cubed
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup organic celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup organic parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cold organic whipping cream
- 1/4 cup organic mayonnaise
- Mixed salad greens or lettuce leaves
- Wash the apples but do not peel them. Core the apples and cut them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Sprinkle the cubed apples with sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Add celery, nuts, cranberries, and parsley and toss to blend.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- With a rubber or silicone spatula or spoon, gently fold the mayonnaise into whipped cream.
- Fold the whipped mayonnaiseand cream mixture gently into apple mixture.
- Serve the salad on mixed salad greens