- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ – ½ cup Lakanto (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 scoop of vanilla bone broth protein or Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens (optional)
- Spices: 1 ½-2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ½-1 teaspoon ginger, 1-2 teaspoon cardamom (Tip: for more intense flavor, use the higher spice amounts listed)
- ½ cup melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered Lakanto
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin pan. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of muffin.
- Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!
Serves 12. Per Serving (based on using Lakanto):
Calories: 269.8 | Total Fat: 24.6 g | Total Carbohydrate: 11.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g | Protein: 7.7 g
Almond flour is a gluten-free flour made by grinding almonds after the skin has been removed. It’s softer and finer than almond meal which is made by grinding almonds with the skin left on.
Cardamom is best known for its stomach-soothing abilities, but it also contains an antiseptic that kills bacteria that can cause bad breath.
Cinnamon is a good ally in fighting respiratory infections due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and expectorant properties.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate.It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Egg yolks are rich in nutrients including iron and vitamins A, D, E, and K, but it’s the white that provides the most protein. An average-size egg contains around 6-7 grams of protein with around 4 grams coming from the egg white.
Ghee is a type of clarified butter that has had the milk solids removed. It is rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. According to the ancient healing system of Ayurveda, ginger strengthens the immune system by helping to break down toxins in the body’s organs, thereby cleansing the lymphatic system.
Lakanto is a zero-glycemic, zero-calorie blend of monk fruit and erythritol that makes an excellent sugar substitute for low-carb recipes.
Orange juice – Orange is best known as being a good source of vitamin C, but is often overlooked for its other amazing benefits, such as supporting the immune system.
Orange zest – Be sure to use zest from organic oranges to avoid pesticide exposure.
Each scoop of Organixx Organic Bone Broth Protein powder contains 20g of gut-friendly protein and is loaded with collagen powder, glucosamine, and chondroitin to help increase joint mobility.